Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Recent statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons estimate that there are over 15 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed by plastic surgeons each year. Many of those procedures are focused on modifying the overall appearance of the face. Learn more about the cosmetic facial surgeries that are available and what to expect if you’re considering treatment.
About Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Cosmetic facial surgery, more commonly called plastic surgery, is a procedure aimed at changing the appearance of various facial features. Though the name implies that surgery must be involved, nonsurgical solutions are also available. Some patients decide that this is the best solution to improve their looks and give them a younger appearance.
Types of Cosmetic Facial Surgeries
There are a number of different procedures that cosmetic surgeons can use to change the appearance of the face. Here are a few of the most common facial surgeries that patients request:
- Rhinoplasty or nose reshaping
- Eyelid surgery
- Eyebrow lift
- Chin surgery
- Facial implants (usually the cheeks)
- Facial scar removal
- Laser skin resurfacing and microdermabrasion (to smooth out surface of the skin)
- Botox and dermal fillers (to remove wrinkles)
Things to Know Before Cosmetic Surgery
If you’ve been considering a cosmetic procedure, there are a few things that you should keep in mind.
- Select a surgeon who has a good reputation in the community for the specific procedure you’re interested in, do plenty of research and ask lots of questions.
- Be prepared to set aside days, weeks or possibly a few months for healing depending on the type of surgery.
- Provide full and complete details about your health history in advance of any surgical procedure that requires anesthesia.
- It’s important to follow all pre- and post-surgical instructions provided by your surgeon to ensure a healthy recovery.
- Avoid smoking and prioritize good nutrition before and after the procedure to ensure the best results.
The first step before any type of facial surgery is a conversation with a qualified doctor. Call today to schedule a cosmetic facial surgery consultation.